Chairman & CEO
Mike's life journey is focused on constant improvement and learning.
“Fly fishing is a perfect mix between being active and intellectual because, as they say, ‘You have to trick ‘em, hook’ em, and land ‘em!’"
Mike’s corporate executive leadership dates to the early 90s, and his repetitive history of success as an entrepreneur began in 1998. Years of entrepreneurial, executive management, financial management, strategic planning, mergers & acquisitions, and business development practice render Mike an outstanding leader for the Lirio team. He has learned from experience that there is no substitute for actually doing the work. As a result, each decision he makes is carefully planned and diligently executed.
Mac or PC: “PC.”
Special hobbies/interests: “I love to fly fish for trout. Traveling to fish is a passion. Trout don’t live in ugly places.”
“Fly fishing is a rhythmic sport. Women are better than men. You know why? Women have rhythm. Men think everything they do needs to have force and testosterone.”
Location: Knoxville native
Other: Mike lives a life full of adventure with his wife and their two kids.
He believes in good friends, hard work, and enjoying life.
His life journey is focused on constant improvement and learning.
Affiliations & Honors:
- John C. Whitehead Award
- Advisory Council to the Dean of the College of Business Administration
- Former member of the Board of Directors for the Historic Tennessee Theatre
- Chair of the Sustainability Campaign for the Historic Tennessee Theatre
- Chair of the Endowment Campaign at the University of Tennessee SIM Center
- Board member of the Knoxville Chamber of Commerce
- Former Board member of Blount Hearing and Speech Foundation
- Former Director of the Jason Foundation
- Former member of the Advisory Council to the President at Furman University
- Former lecturer for the University of Tennessee’s College of Business Administration
- 2010 Entrepreneur of the Year for the University of Tennessee College of Business Administration