Wellworx Data Scientist
Seeking trailblazers, overachievers, and rock stars to get in on the ground floor of a company changing patient lives and improving healthcare outcomes. Lirio, LLC is hiring a Data Scientist to support to our newly formed platform, Wellworx, which is changing the face of communications by guiding people toward behaviors beneficial to their health. We optimize individualized communication at scale using our proprietary IDEAL Engagement Framework™: 1) identify persona; 2) define objective; 3) engage using mass personalization; 4) achieve measurable outcomes; and 5) learn continuously, both the team and machine learning. Never is this more important and impactful than in how consumers engage in healthcare.
This position will be responsible for mining data (demographic, clinical, psychographic), developing statistical modeling, and contributing to Lirio’s machine learning platform to support Wellworx’s vision. The Data Scientist will be expected to work with a diverse set of data sources to drive key decisions that support the IDEAL engagement methodology. This position will collaborate with internal data scientists, development teams, behavioral psychologists, and external partners in healthcare systems, payers, and providers.
In this role, you will:
- Work in conjunction with Behavioral Psychologist(s) and Lirio’s Senior Data Scientist to develop statistical modeling and analysis for the needs of both the broader company and Wellworx.
- Design tools to collect, parse, and preprocess data from multiple external and internal sources.
- Perform exploratory analysis to both inform business decisions and improve development of Lirio’s core ML capabilities.
- Surface insights from analysis through visualization, narratives, and interactive tools.
- Aid in the design and evaluation of experiments and surveys.
- Speak at customer meetings and external events that support findings.
Education & Experience
An ideal candidate for the Wellworx Data Scientist has:
- Master’s Degree minimum with equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated analytical and data modeling capabilities
- Proficiency in SQL and R or Python
- Knowledge of basic statistical techniques and principles (frequentist and Bayesian)
- Experience in building machine learning models from messy data sources (cleaning, model selection, validation, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to represent scientific findings and results to a scientific community
- Ability to effectively communicate complex, technical information to both technical and non-technical audience
- Experience with communicating to C-Level customers
- Ability to use sound judgment and make good decisions that take scientific and business needs into account
- Previous experience in healthcare data, including providers or payers, highly desirable
Lirio is based in Knoxville, Tennessee, with support for remote employees for the right fit. We offer competitive benefits, including ample paid time off, and health insurance, among others. We have a great culture comprised of people who are committed to delivering results regardless of the challenges we face. We are growing and want great people to join our team.