VP of Behavioral Science
Lirio, The Behavior Change Company, is a behavioral engagement solution that uses machine learning, behavioral science, and persona-based messaging to help organizations motivate the people they serve to achieve better outcomes. The award-winning Lirio solution drives results in program participation, customer satisfaction, patient adherence, and beyond, far exceeding industry benchmarks for digital engagement. Lirio’s IDEAL Engagement Framework ™ applies concepts of behavioral economics to segment and communicate with individuals on their terms, delivering the right message to the right person at the right time to impact behavior.
The VP of Behavioral Science will be the leading expert in behavioral research and application at Lirio. You will assist in shaping our strategy and delivery of personalized behavioral communication at scale. For this position, you must be a seasoned researcher with a strong System 1 academic foundation (neuroscience, cognitive neuroscience, behavioral sciences, psychology, behavioral economics) and applied neuromarketing and market research industry experience.
- Build and lead a team of behavioral experts.
- Apply your expertise to support ongoing research and analytics in the areas of consumer engagement, feedback, and behavior change.
- Design and implement innovative and pragmatic research and analytics ideas that will provide the backbone to our personalized messaging.
- Structure a project from idea to experimentation to implementation.
- Partner/consult with functional area leaders and colleagues across all departments to ensure alignment of research and analytics activities.
- Provide actionable solutions and recommendations based on research & analyses.
- Ensure assessment solutions, policies, guidelines, and advice are consistent with Lirio’s values and policies and with legal and professional standards.
- Act as Lirio’s behavioral science expert in engagement design and methodologies with clients and external events.
- Lead consumer behavior research projects for clients and internal research and development to establish new techniques, products, and approaches within the space of non-conscious emotional measurement and its applications to the field of market research.
- Leverage academic and industry experience to deliver cutting edge research programs and present complex, insight-driven results to clients.
- Publish/present at conferences; develop and grow industry presence.
- M.S./Ph.D. in Behavioral Psychology, Behavioral Economics, Social Psychology, Neuroscience, or related discipline.
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong skills in research methodology, statistics, and data analysis.
- Healthcare technology experience highly desirable.
- Previous experience in a startup a plus.
- Related neuromarketing or behavioral science application industry experience.
- Experience with fundamental market research verticals including copy testing, package testing, concept/new product development, shopper insights, etc.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize highly complex and varied data sets.
- Ability to bring the data to life through story-telling and provide meaningful, action-oriented recommendations to clients.
- Ability to design and communicate complex methodologies to internal and external clients/constituents.
- Innate curiosity, independent thinking, innovative tendencies, sound judgement and intellectual honesty.
- Experience using data and behavioral theories to drive business decisions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and interest in publishing/presenting at conferences to develop and grow industry presence.
Location: Knoxville, TN
Lirio offers salaries and benefits that compete with the largest cities and tech companies, yet our mid-sized home city of Knoxville, Tennessee has a cost of living below the national average. Our company culture is driven by our employees, people who are committed to delivering results and who truly believe “we get there together.” Here, each person has opportunities to impact decisions, benefits, direction, and company culture. We offer many possibilities to grow and learn individually and collectively.
To apply, please send your resume and LinkedIn URL to [email protected] and specify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Knoxville has an awesome developer and technology community, with many user groups for technologies beyond computing, such as 3D printing and “makers.” It is a wonderful college town with a great school system. There are many outdoor opportunities, such as state parks, streams, lakes, and greenways along with the Great Smoky Mountain National Park and a wonderful culinary and foodie scene with craft breweries and distilleries.