Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Lirio, The Behavior Change Company, is a behavioral engagement solution that uses machine learning, behavioral science, and persona-based messaging to help organizations motivate the people they serve to achieve better outcomes. The award- winning Lirio solution drives results in program participation, customer satisfaction, patient adherence, and beyond, far exceeding industry benchmarks for digital engagement. Lirio’s IDEAL Engagement FrameworkTM applies concepts of behavioral economics to segment and communicate with individuals on their terms, delivering the right message to the right person at the right time to impact behavior.
Our goal is to improve outcomes for service providers and the individuals they serve by strengthening relationships and guiding better decisions. We optimize individualized communication at scale using our proprietary IDEAL Engagement FrameworkTM, which includes continuous learning, both as a team and with our machine learning technology. As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you will play a vital role in the continual development of Lirio’s core technology. This role will involve both applied research and development.
The Senior Machine Learning Engineer will be an integral member of the Data Science & Machine Learning Team, working with other members of the team and Developers to prototype and productionalize machine learning features.
- Work with team to test and prototype ML processes
- Automated model building and testing
- Application of state-of-the-art AI algorithms including deep reinforcement learning
- Convert prototypes into production-ready code and work with the Development Team to integrate with existing APIs and infrastructure.
- PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a similar field, with demonstrated expertise in machine learning.
- 2+ years of post-degree experience is preferred.
- Strong candidates with a master’s degree and 5+ years of experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated capability building and deploying machine learning models, preferably through building real products on real data.
- Expertise in:
- Tensorflow or PyTorch
- Distributed ML
- Deep Learning
- Skills in writing portable, extensible code.
- Experience using version control.
- Reinforcement learning experience preferred.
Lirio offers salaries and benefits that compete with the largest cities and tech companies, yet our mid-sized home city of Knoxville, Tennessee has a cost of living below the national average. Our company culture is driven by our employees, people who are committed to delivering results and who truly believe “we get there together.” Here, each person has opportunities to impact decisions, benefits, direction, and company culture. We offer many possibilities to grow and learn individually and collectively.
To apply, please send your resume and LinkedIn URL to [email protected] and specify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Knoxville has an awesome developer and technology community, with many user groups for technologies beyond computing, such as 3D printing and “makers.” It is a wonderful college town with a great school system. There are many outdoor opportunities, such as state parks, streams, lakes, and greenways along with the Great Smoky Mountain National Park and a wonderful culinary and foodie scene with craft breweries and distilleries.
Located within just a few hours of many other wonderful cities and experiences, Knoxville is a great launchpad for day and weekend trips to places like Nashville, Chattanooga, & Gatlinburg, TN; Atlanta, GA; Charlotte & Asheville, NC; Greenville, SC; Louisville, KY; Huntsville, AL; and Cincinnati, OH.