Sr. Data Scientist
Lirio, The Behavior Change Company, applies the psychology of human behavior, the information wealth of big data, and the power of machine learning to help enterprise healthcare and utility clients improve their business outcomes. Lirio delivers mass personalization by surfacing the right message to the right person to drive the right action at the right time, ultimately generating individual behavior change at scale. Lirio is taking a strong, defensible leadership position in healthcare and energy by solving a massive pain point—the customer engagement gap.
The Senior Data Scientist will be an integral member of the Data Science & Machine Learning Team, working with other members, as well as members of the Behavioral Science Team and the Developer Team as needed.
- Perform exploratory data analysis.
- Present statistical findings in a principled manner.
- Conduct feature engineering and experimentation in support of Lirio’s core machine learning capabilities.
- Collect, parse, and preprocess data from multiple external and internal sources.
- Aid in the design and evaluation of experiments.
An ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or a similar field.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. preferred.
- 5+ years of post-degree experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical and data-modeling capabilities.
- Firm understanding of many statistical techniques and principles.
- Expertise in machine learning is highly desired.
- Proficiency in Python and data science related Python packages—Java is a plus.
- Strong programming ability with experience writing for deployment, testing, using version control, etc.
Location: Knoxville, TN
Lirio offers salaries and benefits that compete with the largest cities and tech companies, yet our mid-sized home city of Knoxville, Tennessee has a cost of living below the national average. Our company culture is driven by our employees, people who are committed to delivering results and who truly believe “we get there together.” Here, each person has opportunities to impact decisions, benefits, direction, and company culture. We offer many possibilities to grow and learn individually and collectively.