Graphic Designer & Social Media Specialist
Lirio, The Behavior Change Company, is a behavioral engagement solution that uses machine learning, behavioral science, and persona-based messaging to help organizations motivate the people they serve to achieve better outcomes. The award-winning Lirio solution drives results in program participation, customer satisfaction, patient adherence, and beyond, far exceeding industry benchmarks for digital engagement. Lirio’s IDEAL Engagement Framework ™ applies concepts of behavioral economics to segment and communicate with individuals on their terms, delivering the right message to the right person at the right time to impact behavior.
As Lirio’s Graphic Designer & Social Media Specialist, you will be the go-to expert to tackle visual design challenges, working with the Marketing Team to create infographics, emails, web pages, and more. It will be your job to ensure that Lirio’s visual branding is consistently on point while balancing market and business needs with principles of UX design (which strongly correlate with behavioral science). You will also manage our social media presence and other media efforts.
- Manage projects, work independently and collaboratively to deliver top-quality, on-time, error-free work.
- Translate ideas into marketing and sales materials, such as websites, landing pages, infographics, newsletters, promotional collateral, one-pagers, posters, and more.
- Develop rapport with internal (editors, collaborators, and stakeholders) and external (consultants and vendors) partners to gather and exchange information and obtain feedback and approval on marketing projects.
- Create and maintain the graphic library, including configuration management and version control.
- Maintain and update marketing materials to ensure they meet brand guidelines and current market needs.
- Create web wireframes and mockups, and successfully translate them into polished web layouts.
- Create online marketing campaigns and web pages. (HTML coding experience a plus.)
- Understand and assist with search engine optimization (SEO) and publishing content on Lirio’s blog.
- Track the performance of campaigns, pages, and content, identify trends, and make recommendations.
- Monitor Lirio’s online reputation and work with the team to respond to comments.
- Coordinate website updates with the Dev Team, including online component testing (prior to release) and regression testing.
- Schedule and post relevant content on social media (with editorial assistance from the Managing Editor) to grow Lirio’s thought leadership; maintain social media accounts to establish an effective presence.
- Monitor the performance of social media initiatives, reviewing statistical data to identify trends and compile monthly reports on marketing activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Arts, Marketing, Communications, or associate degree in Graphic Design and equivalent work experience.
- 2-4 years of marketing design experience in technology/email/digital marketing.
- Working knowledge of the following systems:
Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel (Office 365: SharePoint experience a plus)
Social Media platforms, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
WordPress (Salesforce and/or SendGrid experience a plus)
- Graphic design skills, including sketching, typography, ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing, and scale, visual presentation development, and layout—all supported by a design portfolio.
- Strong skills in creative collaboration with writers, editors, production designers, top-level executives, etc.; must be open-minded and accepting of constructive criticism.
- Excellent follow through, self-initiative, time management, and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple and competing work priorities.
- Comfort taking on any number of projects as needs arise in a rapidly changing, high-growth environment.
- A gift for creating graphic materials with a range of media, methods, techniques, and equipment; knowledge of graphic layout and photographic requirements and procedures; excellent design judgement in typography.
- Familiarity/experience with UX design and responsive web design; some HTML coding experience and search engine optimization (SEO) knowledge a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication; skills to help build a social media presence.
- Analytical skills to monitor the performance of marketing campaigns, identify trends, and make recommendations; interest in understanding and interpreting email metrics and KPIs relative to campaign performance.
Location: Knoxville, TN
Lirio offers salaries and benefits that compete with the largest cities and tech companies, yet our mid-sized home city of Knoxville, Tennessee has a cost of living below the national average. Our company culture is driven by our employees, people who are committed to delivering results and who truly believe “we get there together.” Here, each person has opportunities to impact decisions, benefits, direction, and company culture. We offer many possibilities to grow and learn individually and collectively.
To apply, please send your resume and LinkedIn URL to [email protected] and specify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Knoxville has an awesome developer and technology community, with many user groups for technologies beyond computing, such as 3D printing and “makers.” It is a wonderful college town with a great school system. There are many outdoor opportunities, such as state parks, streams, lakes, and greenways along with the Great Smoky Mountain National Park and a wonderful culinary and foodie scene with craft breweries and distilleries.