Director of Account Management – Energy
Lead Account Management Team
- Player-Coach. Own delivery of the most strategic accounts while you recruit, hire, develop, and inspire a world-class Account Management Team; define and build out the org structure.
- Manage the Account Management Team pipeline to forecast growth, retention, and churn from existing clients; represent the team in leadership meetings.
- Drive ongoing communication to the Account Management Team on differing topics to set a vision and show tactical steps to achieve that vision.
- Lead regular team meetings and one-on-ones with managers; orchestrate trainings, skill development, and best practice sessions.
- Set goals and KPIs mapped to Account Manager priorities; track progress and drive achievement.
- Establish and maintain a working rapport with other Lirio departments and business leaders to develop cooperation in effectively integrating client expectations into our service delivery.
- Provide leadership and direction to other departments within the organization regarding client communication and projects; in situations of conflict with the client, lead the team to find “win-win” resolutions.
- Serve as liaison between the different organizational departments of Lirio and our clients to drive client satisfaction and operational efficiency.
- Work closely with the Project Management Team to communicate the needs of the client and understand business priorities and timelines.
Strategy Development & Execution
- Be responsible for the communication and prioritization of client needs within the business to ensure we execute on client commitments, address any service gaps quickly and effectively, and deliver an exceptional client experience.
- Collaborate with Sales Leadership on the best way to maximize total lifetime value of existing clients.
- Develop relationships and opportunities with all client departments (operations, legal, compliance, etc.) at all levels of the organization.
- Help to identify key cultural, behavioral, and skill gaps relative to strategy execution and consult with senior leaders about strategies to address the gaps.
- Measure client satisfaction and use findings to identify and deploy key strategies and initiatives to promote further client engagement with Lirio.
- Negotiate key deals and contractual agreements with top clients to ensure profitable, long-term financial arrangements.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty well. The knowledge, skills, and abilities required include:
- Background working with utilities, energy engagement, energy efficiency related programs, or similar preferred.
- A strong leader with 5-7 years of experience leading and inspiring a high-performing account management team.
- Demonstrated account management experience within complex enterprise accounts, utility SaaS preferred.
- Experience hiring talent, building team culture, and managing a team to perform against sales, retention, and upsell targets.
- Excellent problem solving, numerical, and analytical skills.
- Ability to thrive in a transformational/change management environment.
- Great collaborator with proven ability to work well cross-functionally.
- Skilled relationship builder and manager.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communications.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Work location: Knoxville/Nashville is preferable with possible remote work for the right candidate.
- Salary: DOE
- Relocation: Not offered
Lirio offers salaries and benefits that compete with the largest cities and tech companies, yet our mid-sized home city of Knoxville, Tennessee has a cost of living below the national average. Our company culture is driven by our employees, people who are committed to delivering results and who truly believe “we get there together.” Here, each person has opportunities to impact decisions, benefits, direction, and company culture. We offer many possibilities to grow and learn individually and collectively.